Advancements in market research have transformed the industry over the past couple of decades. The recent MRMW conference, held in Berlin, offered a welcome opportunity to reflect on these innovations and seek ways to infuse elements into current research endeavors. The MRMW conferences will continue to advance and explore pertinent topics and the future strategic, business, and market implications of trends and developments in mobile market research and beyond.
MRMW Europe offered a wealth of innovative content, networking, and celebration opportunities. With more than 20 presentations delivering the latest insights into technology trends, research innovations and inspiration to infuse in current practice. A few questions that preoccupied researchers included:
- Will artificial intelligence and virtual reality become the new means of conducting research? How do we adapt?
- Are you considering the role of bots in when cleaning your data? Should you and if so, how?
- Can market research be fun? Shouldn’t it be fun?
- What are some new ways to engage across the customer journey? Should any of these be incorporated in your own research toolbox?
We will continue to explore these topics and more, as we move into 2018. In the meantime, we have a few impressions from Berlin to share.
- Many people’s favorite moment occurred at the start of day two with Jasmeet Sethi, the Global Consumer Insights Expert at Ericsson’s ConsumerLab. Jasmeet described how we have entered an age where artificial intelligence and virtual reality cannot be ignored. According to the ConsumerLab, AI will replace smartphones in the next 5 years and the market research industry needs to armed for adaptation as this will have widespread implications on how the market research industry collects and analyzes data moving forward.
- Luca Pagano, CEO, BeMyEye and Vangelis Matthaiopoulos, the European Head of Omnichannel Insights at Samsung Europe depicted how both speed and granularity of data collection can lead to real-time change in retail locations. This case study illustrated how Samsung successfully partnered with BeMyEye to improve retail performance by 30% during a critical product launch.
- An entertaining and lively discussion by Emeline Mettavant, Associate Director at The Value Engineers depicted the entire customer journey as a game. Illustrating the central role of mobile methodologies to identify micro-moments. Emeline described how consumers expect brands to respond by understanding their needs and addressing them in a timely “right here, right now” fashion.
“MRMW is the place to be if you want to learn about what’s cutting edge and who’s attracted to the cutting edge.”
~ Anouar El Haji, Founder and CEO, Veylinx
MRMW Europe was spectacular. If you are looking for the conference schedule, speakers and related content, you are in the right place. MRMW is already gearing up for their 10-year anniversary in 2018!
It’s never too early to start planning. Sign up, and you’ll be the first to know when registration opens and other important developments. Here are the upcoming MRMW events in 2018:
- MRMW North America- Apr 24-25, 2018 Cincinnati, Ohio
- MRMW APAC- Jun 27-28, 2018 Singapore
- MRMW Europe – September 5-6, 2018 Stockholm, Sweden
Want to share your approach, a case study or something new and exciting? Reach out now! The agendas are already being set for 2018. MRMW is on the lookout for inspiring, innovative and insightful information to share! Contact for more information.